"His word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot, " (Jeremiah 20:9)
Never was there penned a more perfect description for the condition that plagues me. Seriously plagues me- but in the best kind of way I suppose. No sooner do I turn a book manuscript in and start planning a season of coach potato-ing than I feel this tug toward a new adventure.
A new journey.
A new lesson I need to learn.
A new mess to uncover.
A new message from the mess.
A new mountain to climb.
A new view to behold.
A new valley to discover.
Last night when I heard Crystal B. sing the song, "Up to the Mountain" on AI I was deeply moved. I leaned over and told my husband that's the song I want sung at my funeral. Not that I'm planning to expire anytime soon but when I do, that's the song. My final song. My final dance.
It's this line that stirs something deep in me and feels sort of thematic for my life- "because you ask me to."
Quite simply, that's the perfect description for what burns in the core of my being. More than anything else, I want God to know I will do what He asks me to do.
I will write what He wants me to write.
I will speak what He wants me to speak.
I will pause when He wants me to pause.
I will prayer the dangerous prayers of change.
I will ask to be inconvenienced for His name sake.
I will say yes to His invitations that make no sense.
I will let Him reign me in even in the midst of PMS.
I will.
Just because He asks me to.
Tomorrow, I want to get your opinion about some things. But for today, soak in this song and see how God might stir you.
Never was there penned a more perfect description for the condition that plagues me. Seriously plagues me- but in the best kind of way I suppose. No sooner do I turn a book manuscript in and start planning a season of coach potato-ing than I feel this tug toward a new adventure.
A new journey.
A new lesson I need to learn.
A new mess to uncover.
A new message from the mess.
A new mountain to climb.
A new view to behold.
A new valley to discover.
Last night when I heard Crystal B. sing the song, "Up to the Mountain" on AI I was deeply moved. I leaned over and told my husband that's the song I want sung at my funeral. Not that I'm planning to expire anytime soon but when I do, that's the song. My final song. My final dance.
It's this line that stirs something deep in me and feels sort of thematic for my life- "because you ask me to."
Quite simply, that's the perfect description for what burns in the core of my being. More than anything else, I want God to know I will do what He asks me to do.
I will write what He wants me to write.
I will speak what He wants me to speak.
I will pause when He wants me to pause.
I will prayer the dangerous prayers of change.
I will ask to be inconvenienced for His name sake.
I will say yes to His invitations that make no sense.
I will let Him reign me in even in the midst of PMS.
I will.
Just because He asks me to.
Tomorrow, I want to get your opinion about some things. But for today, soak in this song and see how God might stir you.

Home