Today is a big day at P31! We are giving away another Cecil Murphy She Speaks scholarships. If you'd like to join in the fun, hop over to Renee's blog to get started and read all the rules.
I'll be sure to enter my comments into the contest as well. So, if you want to be considered for the $575 She Speaks scholarship for speakers, say so when you leave your comment below. And be sure to include your name and contact info if you post anonymously.
I think I was supposed to write about speaking today. But something else is really stirring in me. So I'm being a little rule breaker in the hopes that some mama's hearts need to hear this.
Several years ago I was reviewing an application one of my teen aged sons filled out in hopes of getting a job. I carefully examined each blank... name, date of birth, address, social security number... and then all of the sudden one of his answers made me giggle.
Beside the blank asking his sex, he simply wrote, "no."
They were asking whether he was male or female, not whether or not he had ever had sex. But lands alive, I was sure happy to see that no. My giggles quickly gave way to a sigh of relief. I threw my arms around my boy and whispered how much I loved him and his sweet innocence.
Oh how I want each of my kids to stay pure and innocent.
I see them growing into ages and stages when I did some really dumb things. I had a great mama with a keen eye for keeping her girl on the straight and narrow when I was in high school. But when I headed off to college, things went a little haywire.
I started living for the moment and basing every decision on what would make me feel good and feel accepted into the "in crowd."
It was a powerful lure then.
It's a powerful lure now.
I think about this often as I pray diligently for my kids and train them to make good choices- often times uncommon choices in today's society. This world is tough.
But the other weekend Angela Thomas was speaking just after me at the E-Women conference and she shared something so powerful, I feel compelled to share it with you.
She described how she prays every day for the Spirit of God to lay across her house. And she prays her kids will feel it. She prays they feel the Spirit of God when they eat their cereal and when they blow dry their hair and they kick their shoes underneath their bed and when they hang out as a family.
She prays the Spirit of God laying on top of them will become their normal and what feels right. That way if they leave home and start sticking their toes outside the will of God it will feel so wrong, they will just have to run back to Him.
I love that. I want my kids to crave the covering of God as well. So, I've started praying for the Spirit of God to lay across my house each day too.
I know with 5 kids I will probably experience some times where toes venture out. But I'm telling you right now, their mama's prayers and the covering of God will be right there to step on them every time.
Yes ma'am.
And you better believe I will keep checking the sex blank on every single one of their job applications. I'm just saying.
I love you sweet sisters and am praying for you and your families today.
And for one of you, I'm praying God makes sure you get this scholarship so I can see you soon at She Speaks!
I'll be sure to enter my comments into the contest as well. So, if you want to be considered for the $575 She Speaks scholarship for speakers, say so when you leave your comment below. And be sure to include your name and contact info if you post anonymously.
I think I was supposed to write about speaking today. But something else is really stirring in me. So I'm being a little rule breaker in the hopes that some mama's hearts need to hear this.
Several years ago I was reviewing an application one of my teen aged sons filled out in hopes of getting a job. I carefully examined each blank... name, date of birth, address, social security number... and then all of the sudden one of his answers made me giggle.
Beside the blank asking his sex, he simply wrote, "no."
They were asking whether he was male or female, not whether or not he had ever had sex. But lands alive, I was sure happy to see that no. My giggles quickly gave way to a sigh of relief. I threw my arms around my boy and whispered how much I loved him and his sweet innocence.
Oh how I want each of my kids to stay pure and innocent.
I see them growing into ages and stages when I did some really dumb things. I had a great mama with a keen eye for keeping her girl on the straight and narrow when I was in high school. But when I headed off to college, things went a little haywire.
I started living for the moment and basing every decision on what would make me feel good and feel accepted into the "in crowd."
It was a powerful lure then.
It's a powerful lure now.
I think about this often as I pray diligently for my kids and train them to make good choices- often times uncommon choices in today's society. This world is tough.
But the other weekend Angela Thomas was speaking just after me at the E-Women conference and she shared something so powerful, I feel compelled to share it with you.
She described how she prays every day for the Spirit of God to lay across her house. And she prays her kids will feel it. She prays they feel the Spirit of God when they eat their cereal and when they blow dry their hair and they kick their shoes underneath their bed and when they hang out as a family.
She prays the Spirit of God laying on top of them will become their normal and what feels right. That way if they leave home and start sticking their toes outside the will of God it will feel so wrong, they will just have to run back to Him.
I love that. I want my kids to crave the covering of God as well. So, I've started praying for the Spirit of God to lay across my house each day too.
I know with 5 kids I will probably experience some times where toes venture out. But I'm telling you right now, their mama's prayers and the covering of God will be right there to step on them every time.
Yes ma'am.
And you better believe I will keep checking the sex blank on every single one of their job applications. I'm just saying.
I love you sweet sisters and am praying for you and your families today.
And for one of you, I'm praying God makes sure you get this scholarship so I can see you soon at She Speaks!

Home