Hi Sweet Friends... I will be in Atlanta this weekend and Tampa here and here next weekend. Sure would love to see you if you are in either of those cities.
The other day I was reading through a business book trying to stick my toes into a world where meetings occur in board rooms with official power point presentations and power suits. My world is a little different than that.
My meetings usually occur over the phone while I sit at my kitchen flicking at the crumbs from last night's dinner. My notes are scribbled on scrap notebook paper and my power suit usually consists of black yoga pants and whatever sweatshirt I threw on before running that morning.
Yes, my world looks a lot less official than that of those in that book.
But despite the vast differences in appearance between a slick corporate executive and my little pony tailed self, we have some fundamental similarities. They run companies who want to connect products with consumers. I run a ministry who wants to connect truth with hearts.
Consumers want products.
Hearts want truth.
The question then becomes, how do we best connect what people want with what we offer.
Certainly being in ministry, we operate much more on faith than a company ever would. But there are some business principles that shouldn't be ignored especially when part of ministry requires a bit of business savvy. Even Jesus used solid business principles when instructing people.
John 4:35, "I tell you open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest."
So, I guess I am trying to open my eyes and look at my fields.
Or, as the business world would say, get to know your consumers and what makes them respond.
This is where you come in today. Might I ask you to take time to answer three questions that will help me immensely as I prepare for a meeting I have tomorrow?
1. Where do you buy most of your books?
2. What usually motivates you to buy a book?
3. And lastly, why do you read my blog?
As a thank you for taking time to answer these questions, I will enter you to win a "Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl" gift pack. This includes a book, a Bible study workbook and a DVD containing the 6 teaching sessions for this study.
To enter, click on the words "post a comment" at the end of today's blog then follow the prompts. If you click anonymous, be sure to leave your email address so we can contact you if you win.
Thank you dear friends! Winner will be announced on Monday.
The other day I was reading through a business book trying to stick my toes into a world where meetings occur in board rooms with official power point presentations and power suits. My world is a little different than that.
My meetings usually occur over the phone while I sit at my kitchen flicking at the crumbs from last night's dinner. My notes are scribbled on scrap notebook paper and my power suit usually consists of black yoga pants and whatever sweatshirt I threw on before running that morning.
Yes, my world looks a lot less official than that of those in that book.
But despite the vast differences in appearance between a slick corporate executive and my little pony tailed self, we have some fundamental similarities. They run companies who want to connect products with consumers. I run a ministry who wants to connect truth with hearts.
Consumers want products.
Hearts want truth.
The question then becomes, how do we best connect what people want with what we offer.
Certainly being in ministry, we operate much more on faith than a company ever would. But there are some business principles that shouldn't be ignored especially when part of ministry requires a bit of business savvy. Even Jesus used solid business principles when instructing people.
John 4:35, "I tell you open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest."
So, I guess I am trying to open my eyes and look at my fields.
Or, as the business world would say, get to know your consumers and what makes them respond.
This is where you come in today. Might I ask you to take time to answer three questions that will help me immensely as I prepare for a meeting I have tomorrow?
1. Where do you buy most of your books?
2. What usually motivates you to buy a book?
3. And lastly, why do you read my blog?
As a thank you for taking time to answer these questions, I will enter you to win a "Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl" gift pack. This includes a book, a Bible study workbook and a DVD containing the 6 teaching sessions for this study.
To enter, click on the words "post a comment" at the end of today's blog then follow the prompts. If you click anonymous, be sure to leave your email address so we can contact you if you win.
Thank you dear friends! Winner will be announced on Monday.

Home