I have answered some of your questions in the comments section below. I'll keep answering these throughout the day. Thanks for all your encouragement!
Hi sweet friends.
If you've found your way here because you saw our family on Oprah today, welcome.
If you'd like to read more about what got me to the place in life where I'd say yes to God even when the invitation might seem a bit crazy, click on that picture of my head to the right. My book "Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl" just officially released yesterday.
I thought what might be fun today is to answer your questions and chat a bit about this crazy beautiful journey my family has been on for close to 7 years. So, ask away and I'll get to as many questions as I can.
To post a question, click on the word "comments" just below this post and follow the prompts. If you aren't a registered blogger, no big deal. Just click anonymous and if you want your name in your comment, just put it in the text box.
Now, to start off our chat... people often make the comment to us, "what a good thing you've done for these boys." I'm always quick to answer back, "they are the ones who've done a good thing for us."
Before we met the boys I knew there were orphans in the world. I'd seen the children on TV with the bloated bellies and flies around their faces. But I always thought it was a remote social issue so big that I couldn't do much to help.
So, I did nothing.
Until that remote social issue became two precious boys standing before me with real tears, real dreams, and a real need for a home.
Was I scared?
Absolutely.
Has it been hard at times.
Of course.
But if I'm going to call myself a woman of faith, I should be willing to live a life that requires a little faith. I absolutely love Jesus with all my heart. And my husband loves Jesus with all his heart. And without a doubt, as wild as it sounded, Jesus was making it clear this was His plan for our family.
So, we knew we couldn't walk away and keep living our safe, comfortable lives. We simply couldn't walk away.
Now, do I believe it's God's plan for everyone to run out and adopt Liberian orphans? Of course not. But I do believe we should all do something to reach out and help orphans. Something.
Okay... let's chat it up friends.
And in case you missed the story... I found it on YouTube...
Hi sweet friends.
If you've found your way here because you saw our family on Oprah today, welcome.
If you'd like to read more about what got me to the place in life where I'd say yes to God even when the invitation might seem a bit crazy, click on that picture of my head to the right. My book "Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl" just officially released yesterday.
I thought what might be fun today is to answer your questions and chat a bit about this crazy beautiful journey my family has been on for close to 7 years. So, ask away and I'll get to as many questions as I can.
To post a question, click on the word "comments" just below this post and follow the prompts. If you aren't a registered blogger, no big deal. Just click anonymous and if you want your name in your comment, just put it in the text box.
Now, to start off our chat... people often make the comment to us, "what a good thing you've done for these boys." I'm always quick to answer back, "they are the ones who've done a good thing for us."
Before we met the boys I knew there were orphans in the world. I'd seen the children on TV with the bloated bellies and flies around their faces. But I always thought it was a remote social issue so big that I couldn't do much to help.
So, I did nothing.
Until that remote social issue became two precious boys standing before me with real tears, real dreams, and a real need for a home.
Was I scared?
Absolutely.
Has it been hard at times.
Of course.
But if I'm going to call myself a woman of faith, I should be willing to live a life that requires a little faith. I absolutely love Jesus with all my heart. And my husband loves Jesus with all his heart. And without a doubt, as wild as it sounded, Jesus was making it clear this was His plan for our family.
So, we knew we couldn't walk away and keep living our safe, comfortable lives. We simply couldn't walk away.
Now, do I believe it's God's plan for everyone to run out and adopt Liberian orphans? Of course not. But I do believe we should all do something to reach out and help orphans. Something.
Okay... let's chat it up friends.
And in case you missed the story... I found it on YouTube...

Home