Yesterday, I chatted with a friend about the day God asked me to give my treasured Bible away.
I must tell you that giving away my Bible was so hard. I honestly didn't want to do it- at all.
But I'm so thankful, I let go that day.
The minute I walked away from that man holding my Bible, something inside me released. Something I'd wished for, for a very long time, finally came to be... I fell in love with God.
Literally.
It unlocked the part of my heart I'd been holding back from him way too long. This rush of desire for complete obedience took over my heart- took over my mind- and my soul.
I've honestly never been the same since. And I don't say that lightly- it's true. So, so true.
Giving away my Bible was just the start of me becoming a woman who says yes to God. Since then, I've had to release many more things- attitudes- comfort zones- etc... But I can honestly say, I would never trade a thing I've given up for the deep and wonderful relationship I now have with God.
Experiencing Him is well worth whatever it costs you. Trust and you will see.
But don't go into this adventure having a preconceived notion of how you want God to bless your obedience. The blessings will come- but they will be in completely surprising ways. God ways.
And when it is all said and done, you will be so thankful that he only blesses you according to his plans--- God really does know best.
He just wants us to want Him more than anything else.
Why not make today the day you start saying yes to God?
Why not utter this prayer, "God before I even know what it might cost me or require of me, I choose to say yes to you." And then get up from praying and dare to look for God's amazing invitation for you to trust Him- for you to say yes.
And just so you know, no, I never got my Bible back. Many people hear me tell this story at my speaking engagements and ask me that question. But I must say, I don't want my Bible back.
Not yet.
The man I gave it to promised he'd one day do for someone else what I'd done for him that day.
So, I do have a dream. One day when I'm very old and can barely get on another plane to go do another speaking engagement, someone sitting next to me looks at me and smiles. Then they ask, "Ma'am, has anyone ever taken the time to share with you the greatest story ever told?"
Then they pull out a very worn, very passed around old Bible. Maybe on that day I'll get my Bible back. But before then, I don't want it.
If you'd like to win a 2 copies (one for you and one for your friend) of my book, "What Happens When Women Say Yes to God," leave a comment below. I'll draw the winner on Thursday this week.
Why Thursday?
'Cause I'm giving away a couple more books tomorrow--- fun, fun!
I must tell you that giving away my Bible was so hard. I honestly didn't want to do it- at all.
But I'm so thankful, I let go that day.
The minute I walked away from that man holding my Bible, something inside me released. Something I'd wished for, for a very long time, finally came to be... I fell in love with God.
Literally.
It unlocked the part of my heart I'd been holding back from him way too long. This rush of desire for complete obedience took over my heart- took over my mind- and my soul.
I've honestly never been the same since. And I don't say that lightly- it's true. So, so true.
Giving away my Bible was just the start of me becoming a woman who says yes to God. Since then, I've had to release many more things- attitudes- comfort zones- etc... But I can honestly say, I would never trade a thing I've given up for the deep and wonderful relationship I now have with God.
Experiencing Him is well worth whatever it costs you. Trust and you will see.
But don't go into this adventure having a preconceived notion of how you want God to bless your obedience. The blessings will come- but they will be in completely surprising ways. God ways.
And when it is all said and done, you will be so thankful that he only blesses you according to his plans--- God really does know best.
He just wants us to want Him more than anything else.
Why not make today the day you start saying yes to God?
Why not utter this prayer, "God before I even know what it might cost me or require of me, I choose to say yes to you." And then get up from praying and dare to look for God's amazing invitation for you to trust Him- for you to say yes.
And just so you know, no, I never got my Bible back. Many people hear me tell this story at my speaking engagements and ask me that question. But I must say, I don't want my Bible back.
Not yet.
The man I gave it to promised he'd one day do for someone else what I'd done for him that day.
So, I do have a dream. One day when I'm very old and can barely get on another plane to go do another speaking engagement, someone sitting next to me looks at me and smiles. Then they ask, "Ma'am, has anyone ever taken the time to share with you the greatest story ever told?"
Then they pull out a very worn, very passed around old Bible. Maybe on that day I'll get my Bible back. But before then, I don't want it.
If you'd like to win a 2 copies (one for you and one for your friend) of my book, "What Happens When Women Say Yes to God," leave a comment below. I'll draw the winner on Thursday this week.
Why Thursday?
'Cause I'm giving away a couple more books tomorrow--- fun, fun!

Home