home about schedule topics books story contact
What draws people to a conference?
So, yesterday I had some thinking time.

That's what happens when you are required to be a patient, patient because the doctor makes you wait an hour. You think about stuff.

Ashley was thinking about hairlines. She lifted my bangs up and became very concerned that I had no widow's peak like her.

"Does Daddy have a widow's peak?"

Ummm. Ummm. Hunh?

"He better," she quipped, "or I'm not really y'alls child. It's a dominant inherited trait. That's the way genetics work Mom."

Suddenly, I realized my girl has surpassed my knowledge. She knows stuff.

Which brings me to what I was thinking about during that very long hour. My blog readers know stuff. So, I should ask them the question I've been wondering about- What draws people to a conference?

I've been asked to contribute an article to the Christian Publisher's Association Newsletter on this topic and I'd like to ask the smartest people I know. You!

So, that's what I'm asking today.

And, just to give you a little (incentive) (bribe) love gift, I am giving away 5 tickets to the A Woman Inspired On-line conference to five lucky commenters today. That's all you have to do. Leave a comment to this post and you'll be entered.

I'll post more about when I'll be speaking at A Woman Inspired again very soon. Oh, it will be a very fun day of connecting face to face via the computer. I can't wait.

See that cute little button over here about it-------->>>

But back to my need for your ever so honest comments.

Educate me.

When you hear a conference is coming to your area, what would make you interested in attending?

How are you most likely to hear of an event coming to your area--- radio ads, a friend, billboard, e-mail, flier sent through the mail, ads in your church bulletin, a poster hanging in a place you frequent, or some other way?

What price point is realistic for you for a one day conference?

Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking just a moment and sharing your insights with me. I'll announce the 5 winners of the Inspired Woman tickets later this week.

So, post away, post away, post away all.

I'm off to see if Art has a widow's peak.