There is always something brewing at the TerKeurst house. Always.
It seems Hope has decided she'd like to go on a missions trip.
I'm all for that.
Across the world to Africa.
I think I'm all for that.
For longer than a week or two.
Hunh?
My daughter, Hope??? My... "I don't take risks. I don't really like to spend the night away from home. I hate summer camp. I like painted nails, shopping, and keeping all things predictable and safe," daughter- wants- to- live- in- Ethiopia- for -a -year????
Double hunh?
One of her closest friends is part of a missionary family. They are in the process of making plans to return to Africa and work there another year. They quipped that Hope should join them and somehow it stuck.
I kept thinking it was just one of those things that sounded kind of good in theory but once the reality of no malls set in, Hope would drop it.
But, the opposite has happened. Hope has latched onto the possibility with pure passion.
So much in me wants to wrap my heart strings around this little lady and keep her within reach at all times.
But then my spiritual eyes see things happening in my daughter's heart. Beautiful things. Prayed for things. Less self-focused things. God things.
And I close my eyes, blink back the tears, lift my heart up to the Lord, and utter the hardest words for a mom, "I trust you with her, Lord. I trust you."
Today might be a really good day for a Grande, solo, skinny, vanilla latte, no foam, extra hot please. It actually might be a good day for two of those. With a side of some pretty intense prayer.
Happy Monday y'all.
Jeanie's Heavenly Treasures is the winner of this weekend's Bible Study GiveAway~ Congrats Jeanie!
It seems Hope has decided she'd like to go on a missions trip.
I'm all for that.
Across the world to Africa.
I think I'm all for that.
For longer than a week or two.
Hunh?
My daughter, Hope??? My... "I don't take risks. I don't really like to spend the night away from home. I hate summer camp. I like painted nails, shopping, and keeping all things predictable and safe," daughter- wants- to- live- in- Ethiopia- for -a -year????
Double hunh?
One of her closest friends is part of a missionary family. They are in the process of making plans to return to Africa and work there another year. They quipped that Hope should join them and somehow it stuck.
I kept thinking it was just one of those things that sounded kind of good in theory but once the reality of no malls set in, Hope would drop it.
But, the opposite has happened. Hope has latched onto the possibility with pure passion.
So much in me wants to wrap my heart strings around this little lady and keep her within reach at all times.
But then my spiritual eyes see things happening in my daughter's heart. Beautiful things. Prayed for things. Less self-focused things. God things.
And I close my eyes, blink back the tears, lift my heart up to the Lord, and utter the hardest words for a mom, "I trust you with her, Lord. I trust you."
Today might be a really good day for a Grande, solo, skinny, vanilla latte, no foam, extra hot please. It actually might be a good day for two of those. With a side of some pretty intense prayer.
Happy Monday y'all.
Jeanie's Heavenly Treasures is the winner of this weekend's Bible Study GiveAway~ Congrats Jeanie!

Home