If you read my post from Monday, you know that I've pretty much been parked in Ephesians this week lest I ravish all things chocolate.
And Ephesians has been good. Very good.
The circumstances that troubled me so much over the weekend are still bubbling. There are still things to pray through, talk through and consider. However, that feeling that I'm going to choke on my own breath is slowly subsiding.
I got to one particular part of Ephesians 5 and just feel compelled to share something that jumped out at me. Ephesians 5:15- 16, "Be very careful then, how you live- not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity..."
Living out loud for Christ can be hard to do when issues arise. I find that my flesh wants to hunker down, retreat, and find someone to talk to that will understand my side of things.
I want to stop paying attention to those I come in contact with and I want to stop making the most of every opportunity. I just want to go through the motions being cordial, but not really reaching out.
However, when you are saturating yourself in Ephesians, God tends to interrupt your flesh feelings with His commanding truths. So, the theme of this week for me is to be hyper aware of the opportunities to reach out and love others that God brings my way.
Running into a young friend who lost her husband last year. She was checking out at Target. I may or may not have been looking for M&M's. Help her. Give to her. Love her. Make the most of every opportunity.
Seeing a friend who is seperated from her husband right now, sitting alone. Pause for her. Don't rush to accomplish those other to-do's that seem so important. Sit with her. Listen to her. Make the most of every opportunity.
Getting a call from my parents who are sitting at the airport. Looking at the 29 things I'd planned to accomplish while my kids were at school that day. Lay down your plans. Go see them. Love on them. Hug them. Look at their hands. Be thankful. Make the most of every opportunity.
Realizing a child needs help processing life in the midst of pulling everything out of the fridge to cook dinner. Decide to eat frozen lasagna instead. Hold her. Speak truth to her. Help her see things from a more mature vantage point. Make the most of every opportunity.
Getting consumed with my thoughts, my issues, and my distractions is exactly what Satan wants. He wants to me to take detours around making the most of every opportunity.
Really that's Satan's plan for all of us.
Ironically, this is the very thing my pastor spoke on this past Sunday. Yes, you know, the one where I was eating all those M&M's.
Ahem.
Anyhow, at the end of the service, this video was played. And just like those verses from Ephesians, I can't get it out of my mind.
Make the most of every opportunity. Especially when you are facing issues that seem so distracting... make the most of every opportunity. And you will be the one so very blessed.
And Ephesians has been good. Very good.
The circumstances that troubled me so much over the weekend are still bubbling. There are still things to pray through, talk through and consider. However, that feeling that I'm going to choke on my own breath is slowly subsiding.
I got to one particular part of Ephesians 5 and just feel compelled to share something that jumped out at me. Ephesians 5:15- 16, "Be very careful then, how you live- not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity..."
Living out loud for Christ can be hard to do when issues arise. I find that my flesh wants to hunker down, retreat, and find someone to talk to that will understand my side of things.
I want to stop paying attention to those I come in contact with and I want to stop making the most of every opportunity. I just want to go through the motions being cordial, but not really reaching out.
However, when you are saturating yourself in Ephesians, God tends to interrupt your flesh feelings with His commanding truths. So, the theme of this week for me is to be hyper aware of the opportunities to reach out and love others that God brings my way.
Running into a young friend who lost her husband last year. She was checking out at Target. I may or may not have been looking for M&M's. Help her. Give to her. Love her. Make the most of every opportunity.
Seeing a friend who is seperated from her husband right now, sitting alone. Pause for her. Don't rush to accomplish those other to-do's that seem so important. Sit with her. Listen to her. Make the most of every opportunity.
Getting a call from my parents who are sitting at the airport. Looking at the 29 things I'd planned to accomplish while my kids were at school that day. Lay down your plans. Go see them. Love on them. Hug them. Look at their hands. Be thankful. Make the most of every opportunity.
Realizing a child needs help processing life in the midst of pulling everything out of the fridge to cook dinner. Decide to eat frozen lasagna instead. Hold her. Speak truth to her. Help her see things from a more mature vantage point. Make the most of every opportunity.
Getting consumed with my thoughts, my issues, and my distractions is exactly what Satan wants. He wants to me to take detours around making the most of every opportunity.
Really that's Satan's plan for all of us.
Ironically, this is the very thing my pastor spoke on this past Sunday. Yes, you know, the one where I was eating all those M&M's.
Ahem.
Anyhow, at the end of the service, this video was played. And just like those verses from Ephesians, I can't get it out of my mind.
Make the most of every opportunity. Especially when you are facing issues that seem so distracting... make the most of every opportunity. And you will be the one so very blessed.

Home