home about schedule topics books story contact
Blogging
Today, I am doing some research and I need your help. I'd like to write an article on blogging and would love to get your input.

Just 2 years ago, if you would have asked me what a blog was, I would have looked at you a little glassy eyed. One word would have described my knowledge of blogging: clueless. And one word would have described my interest in it: none.

Now, it is one of my favorite parts of ministry.

The other day a friend asked me why I blog. I loved the chance to answer this question because it challenged me to stop and think for minute. And thinking is good. I once heard if you keep your mind engaged in activities that require thinking it reduces your propensity for going senile.

I have no scientific data to back this up. However, seeing as I find myself being quite forgetful sometimes, I've decided I better step it up in the thinking department of life.

Like the real kind of thinking and pondering. Not the grocery store kind of thinking where you try to figure out if sugar cereals actually have more sugar than the healthy cereals. It can be a tricky exercise.

Or the kind of thinking that is required when buying things at Costco. Is it cheaper to buy a year's worth of paper towels which are .0427 cents cheaper per square foot than your grocery store brand? Because then you have all this extra money tied up in paper towels just to try and save a buck or two later. But then again, what are you going to do with that extra money you are saving on paper towels... invest it? Good luck.

And my husband wonders why my trips to the grocery and the Costco exhaust me so!

Anyhow, that's not the kind of thinking I'm talking about. I'm referring to the kind of introspection that requires me to take a look at why I do certain things. Like blogging.

So, I thought it might be interesting to ask you two questions today.

1. Why do you blog? (If you don't have a blog, either say why not or just skip to question 2.)

2. Why do you read blogs?

And I really want to throw in one more question even though I said I'd only ask you two questions. See what thinking can do? It just opens up all kinds of cans of worms!

3. What state are you from? (And if you aren't from America, what country are you from?)

If you are normally a reader and not a commenter... today it is time to come out from shadows and share sisters, share! Just click on the word "comments" below and follow the prompts. If you aren't a blogger, click on the anonymous button and you won't have to register.

I can't wait to read your input.

And be sure to tune in next week.

I've been doing some cooking and plan to feature some of your recipes! And I'll give you a little update on the situation you were so sweet and prayed over for me.

We'll also try to solve the mystery of a certain necklace that just showed up in my closet one day. And best of all, we will be having a "Holly-day!"

Happy Weekend.