home about schedule topics books story contact
Who Moved My Field?
The football season is now upon us. Yeah.

I say that with the same enthusiasm that I might muster up to express my joy over cleaning my base boards with a toothbrush. Yeah.

While my family hoops and hollers and cheers with all things pigskin, I express my excitement by plucking my eyebrows.

And eating the chips and dip. I like to do my part you know.

But then a football story happened here in North Carolina that made me laugh so hard, I might just need to stop plucking and start watching.

Apparently, the UNC Chapel Hill Tar Heels had a cool little plan to have the game ball delivered by parachuters for their Saturday night game. However, clouds caused some visibility issues.

So, the plane circled until it finally located a clear spot over the stadium.

Parachuters made a perfect jump right to the 35 yard line.

Perfect.

Except that they landed in the wrong stadium.

They were 8 miles off in the Duke University stadium among some very confused officials and players warming up for their own game.

Have mercy.

I laughed so hard because I can totally relate to those poor parachuters. Many times I have jumped into something with both feet only to be surprised by where I land.

Are you a football fan? Do you have some little tidbit of football knowledge that you'd like to share? Is there any hope that I could be more entertained by people smacking into each other than by my own eyebrows?

And the best question of all, do you have a favorite game day recipe?

Help a sister out. This might be the only football enthusiasm that lands on me all season. Weak pun intended.