A few weeks ago, I wrote about the circles that appear every now and then on my bedroom window. If you missed that post, click here to read it.Anyhow, since then I've been trying to get a picture of the circles. The problem is that they don't appear very often.
Many mornings I wake up to condensation on my windows but no circles. Every now and then the circles are there but for the life of me I couldn't get them to show up in any photo I took.
Finally, I captured this shot. The intertwined circles that look so much like wedding bands to me, are faintly captured here. This picture still doesn't do them justice but at least you can all see that I am not going crazy and imagining things. Not yet anyhow.
These circle have become one of my most treasured things about my home. And while some would argue that they are there because of left over instrument residue from installation, I'm not buying it.
That window has been there for over 15 years and the circles have just now started appearing. Plus, like I said before they only appear in the condensation every now and then. To be honest, I don't need a physical explanation because their spiritual meaning to me far outweighs the need to now how they get there.
And if you have a minute I'd like to share why.
When Art and I got married, things were very hard for us. We'd made some decisions while dating that rendered our love hostage to things like regret, disappointment, and shame. In 1 Corinthians chapter 13 we find the first word used to describe love is patient.
We had not been patient with our love and I wound up pregnant. My family was still reeling from the death of my youngest sister. How could I add this to their overwhelming grief? Alone and scared, I went to an abortion clinic. When I left that place, I knew they had taken my baby but they had taken part of my heart as well.
I never thought I'd be able to love, laugh, or really live ever again.
Despite all of the heartbreak and turmoil, we got married. I quickly discovered it is impossible to love another person when you desperately hate yourself. Shame does ugly things to people.
It took years and many Divine interactions with God to bring hope back into our hearts and into our marriage. So, when I see the circles now, I can't help but think this is one more of those Divine interactions.
God has healed us, restored us, and helped us fall in love again. Ours has not been a journey of romantic feelings that sparked and have been burning strong ever since.
Our love has been a series of decisions to be obedient to God's principles even when our feelings wanted out. We had to be obedient first, and then eventually our feelings caught up.
Now,16 years later, I can finally say without hesitation that I am crazy in love with my man. And I'm forever grateful to the God of all grace who saw fit to bring two disobedient young people back from the brink of destruction.
Back to love.
Back to Him.
Back to each other.
Full circle.

Home