___________________________________
I love to look for ways in which God is teaching me new things. Sometimes it's through routine happenings in my day, at times I'll learn through the tender words of a friend, and other times He'll clearly speak directly into my heart.
Regardless of the method He chooses, I'm always looking. And I try to seek the lesson in each situation I face.
I'll often breathe a quick prayer while I'm in the throes of something, "What are you trying to tell me Lord, what is there to learn even in this?"
In my mind, if I'm not learning, I'm not really living.
Now don't mistake me for being an intellect in pursuit of her second and then third master's degrees. I'm happy to be learning simple, everyday lessons that will bring me closer to the heart of God.
About a year ago, I was asked to speak at our church one evening at a women's event. I felt compelled to reveal the things God had been teaching me in recent months. I still love this list. I'll share a few of them with you.
As you read through this, ponder what God has been teaching you lately.
I've learned that there is a reason they post speed limit signs.
I've learned the importance of speaking truth in love.
I've learned to appreciate and respect parents who have a child who's living with a disability.
I've learned that when your school tells you they'll charge you for picking up your kids late, they mean it.
I've learned that a true friend offers acceptance, affirmation, encouragement, support, and is always available. If you can find 3 or 4 of these friends in a lifetime, you are blessed.
I've learned that it's much cheaper to cover my gray roots with a boxed product from Target, than to sit and have someone else do it for me.
I've learned that my teens can pick up on hypocrisy faster than I can count to three.
I've learned that people may not remember exactly what I did or what I said, but they will always remember how I made them feel.
I've learned to sit and really listen to others - it's one of the best ways to learn about life.
I've learned that God is who He says He is, and that He is more than enough for me.
And,
I've learned that what is most important in life can't be seen with the eyes, only with the heart.
How about you? What are you learning?
Lysa and I would love to know!
~Holly
Lysa's Assistant
Psalm 86:11a "Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth."

Home