Okay.
So.
I've been trying to celebrate my birthday. Trying is the key word here. And just for the record, I don't lie when I share here on the ol' blog.
I know you might be tempted to think that the craziness I call my life can not possibly be true. Believe me, when I live this stuff I can often be heard saying, "Surely this is not happening."
But alas it is. It does. It has. And it probably forever will. Sigh.
So, here is a run-down of the birthday celebration that almost was...
I tried to get a Starbucks--- store shut down due to equipment failure.
We tried to go to my favorite restaurant---closed.
We tried to go see Mama Mia--- sold out.
I kid you not.
But alas my ever smart friends Renee, LeAnn and Holly were not deterred in their quest to help me find some happy for my birthday.
We found another theater and nabbed the last few tickets available. Finally things were working out.
We settled in our seats, ate popcorn and Milkduds like we'd never heard the word 'calorie' before, and laughed those 'from the depths of your belly' laughs that are simply so good.
And then it was time to leave.
Holly and I walked ahead. LeAnn and Renee were walking out behind us. All of the sudden a commotion of oohhs, ahhhhs and guffaws ensued.
Apparently the birthday girl in her great consumption of said popcorn and Milkduds did in fact drop a few chocolate covered carmel candies in her lap.
Then there must have been some leg crossing and seat shifting and leaning over to laugh with the girls that caused the Loose and Fancy Free Milkduds and popcorn kernels to clump together in a brown ball of goo right on my hind end.
Oh and did I mention I was wearing WHITE JEANS!
I won't tell you what that brown clump of goo looked like dangling from my backside... but I think your imagination can spin quite a picture for you.
Like I said here, "You can dress the girl up, but you might want to think twice before taking her out."
Especially on her birthday.
So.
I've been trying to celebrate my birthday. Trying is the key word here. And just for the record, I don't lie when I share here on the ol' blog.
I know you might be tempted to think that the craziness I call my life can not possibly be true. Believe me, when I live this stuff I can often be heard saying, "Surely this is not happening."
But alas it is. It does. It has. And it probably forever will. Sigh.
So, here is a run-down of the birthday celebration that almost was...
I tried to get a Starbucks--- store shut down due to equipment failure.
We tried to go to my favorite restaurant---closed.
We tried to go see Mama Mia--- sold out.
I kid you not.
But alas my ever smart friends Renee, LeAnn and Holly were not deterred in their quest to help me find some happy for my birthday.
We found another theater and nabbed the last few tickets available. Finally things were working out.
We settled in our seats, ate popcorn and Milkduds like we'd never heard the word 'calorie' before, and laughed those 'from the depths of your belly' laughs that are simply so good.
And then it was time to leave.
Holly and I walked ahead. LeAnn and Renee were walking out behind us. All of the sudden a commotion of oohhs, ahhhhs and guffaws ensued.
Apparently the birthday girl in her great consumption of said popcorn and Milkduds did in fact drop a few chocolate covered carmel candies in her lap.
Then there must have been some leg crossing and seat shifting and leaning over to laugh with the girls that caused the Loose and Fancy Free Milkduds and popcorn kernels to clump together in a brown ball of goo right on my hind end.
Oh and did I mention I was wearing WHITE JEANS!
I won't tell you what that brown clump of goo looked like dangling from my backside... but I think your imagination can spin quite a picture for you.
Like I said here, "You can dress the girl up, but you might want to think twice before taking her out."
Especially on her birthday.

Home