Hello bloggy friends.
I was blown away by the dork/ cool discussion yesterday. Last weekend at the She Speaks conference I learned from Big, Boo, and Rocks... as well as many of you... that our blogs should be a dialog.
And then, wallah, yesterday you all made the happen in the most endearing way.
I hope "anonymous with the messed up coffee invite" comes back today and reads people's kind and understanding comments. I especially loved Julie B's gentle advice and her posting on her own blog yesterday about something seemingly unrelated and yet totally related. Read it and I think you'll see what I mean.
Anonymous, my heart broke when I read your comment. I think people assume that because I've had a few books published that I must feel ultra included in every aspect of life now. Ironically, the exact opposite has happened. People often assume I am too busy to include me and I get left out of many invitations.
The reality is that with 5 kids and a ministry, I am busy. Probably too busy to even go most times. But the invite would touch my heart non the less.
To say I understand your pain completely, I can not. I haven't walked in your shoes or faced your exact situations. But I can say that I know the sting of rejection quite well and it stinks.
Can I make a silly suggestion to anyone who has ever felt like a dork?
Go see the kid's movie "Kung Fu Panda" that is out right now.
I'm serious.
I know I am risking stacking up dork points in epic proportions by suggesting this but trust me. I never thought I would say the words "I love" and "Kung Fu" in the same sentence but... I love me some Kung Fu Panda.
Watch it and then come home and read John 15: 1-12.
Amazing.
I took several of my kids, teenagers included, to go see this. I then took them out to eat and let them sit by themselves to discuss the movie. I told them I would treat them to dinner if they could write out 7 life lessons that they'd learned from this movie. At the end of their dinner discussion, they had 10!
They'd spent most of the dinner time talking about the rich spiritual correlations from the movie.
That was after one of my teens told me I was the worst mom evahhhhhhh earlier that same day. And then Kung Fu Panda had her diving into God's truths that very night.
Hormones- gotta love 'em.
Anyhow, go see this movie.
And pray for me this weekend. I'm flying to California.
And the last time I was there I totally ran into Jack Black. And I totally could have cared less.
But now that I know he is the VOICE of the Kung Fu Panda, I heart him slightly. And if I run into him again... because you know it is highly likely for him to show up at a Christian Women's Conference... I fear I may make a complete and utter dork of myself with all my Kung Fu Panda gushing.
I was blown away by the dork/ cool discussion yesterday. Last weekend at the She Speaks conference I learned from Big, Boo, and Rocks... as well as many of you... that our blogs should be a dialog.
And then, wallah, yesterday you all made the happen in the most endearing way.
I hope "anonymous with the messed up coffee invite" comes back today and reads people's kind and understanding comments. I especially loved Julie B's gentle advice and her posting on her own blog yesterday about something seemingly unrelated and yet totally related. Read it and I think you'll see what I mean.
Anonymous, my heart broke when I read your comment. I think people assume that because I've had a few books published that I must feel ultra included in every aspect of life now. Ironically, the exact opposite has happened. People often assume I am too busy to include me and I get left out of many invitations.
The reality is that with 5 kids and a ministry, I am busy. Probably too busy to even go most times. But the invite would touch my heart non the less.
To say I understand your pain completely, I can not. I haven't walked in your shoes or faced your exact situations. But I can say that I know the sting of rejection quite well and it stinks.
Can I make a silly suggestion to anyone who has ever felt like a dork?
Go see the kid's movie "Kung Fu Panda" that is out right now.
I'm serious.
I know I am risking stacking up dork points in epic proportions by suggesting this but trust me. I never thought I would say the words "I love" and "Kung Fu" in the same sentence but... I love me some Kung Fu Panda.
Watch it and then come home and read John 15: 1-12.
Amazing.
I took several of my kids, teenagers included, to go see this. I then took them out to eat and let them sit by themselves to discuss the movie. I told them I would treat them to dinner if they could write out 7 life lessons that they'd learned from this movie. At the end of their dinner discussion, they had 10!
They'd spent most of the dinner time talking about the rich spiritual correlations from the movie.
That was after one of my teens told me I was the worst mom evahhhhhhh earlier that same day. And then Kung Fu Panda had her diving into God's truths that very night.
Hormones- gotta love 'em.
Anyhow, go see this movie.
And pray for me this weekend. I'm flying to California.
And the last time I was there I totally ran into Jack Black. And I totally could have cared less.
But now that I know he is the VOICE of the Kung Fu Panda, I heart him slightly. And if I run into him again... because you know it is highly likely for him to show up at a Christian Women's Conference... I fear I may make a complete and utter dork of myself with all my Kung Fu Panda gushing.

Home