home about schedule topics books story contact
Touring with Hannah Montana
Dear Hannah Montana,

When you wrap up your current tour and get back to reading my blog, I'd love for you to consider my resume. I went to your movie yesterday and loved it. Loved every minute of it. Sang every word to every song right beside my three little girls. Who are not so little anymore but that is a subject for another day. We wore the glasses, own the hair, and bought the t-shirt.

Not only do I know the words to your songs but I know the beat to your music. And I can throw some pretty cool moves.

You see what got me thinking about all this was the number of moms in your audience. Women who are just like me. We pretend that we are just being sweet moms and letting our kids play your music on their way to school. But then, when we drop them off... we don't change it. No ma'am we blast it even louder! While singing every word and loving it- like totally.

To borrow some of my favs--- I'm gonna put on my old blue jeans... cause every body has those days... nobody's perfect but I'm gonna work it again and again till I get it right.

So for all those moms in your audience who struggle just like me with cellulite and feeling like we are getting to old to bust a move, you just have to put a mom up on that stage. Just for one song. I mean I would be so out of breath by the end, you'd have to have oxygen waiting back stage. That's what happens when you are knocking on the door of 40.

But don't let that scare you. I may look like just another car pooling, mac and cheese making, Bible study teaching mom. But underneath it all... I REALLY AM A ROCKSTAR!!!

You can have your people call my people.