home about schedule topics books story contact
Weight Just a Minute
118
138
189
155
163
138
154
149


And that's pretty much my history over the last twenty years.

It's a shame when you have such fabulous taste buds but not the metabolism to handle them.

I like to eat healthy- kind of- at least for breakfast. But I also like quantities that are too large- no let's not use that blessed word- healthy in size. And then there is this one hour of the day that is a serious threat to even my best of intentions.

It's like I have two people living inside of my head fighting for the rights to my taste buds.

It's a battle I tell you. MaryLu described it so well here. Yes, an absolute battle between my inner fat girl and inner skinny girl.

My Fat girl loves turtle brownies and chocolate chip cookies and chips and salsa.

Skinny girl, she is a very freaky girl now--- (but that was the theme song for yesterday's post--- and one day of that song is simply enough. ) Skinny girl wants a carrot stick, some celery with a slight dab of hummus, and when she completely throws caution to the wind, a rice cake.

My fat girl wants to lounge in the morning.

But skinny girl makes us get up and run.

My fat girl wants to keep M&M's in her purse in case of an emotional emergency.

But skinny girl says just chew a piece of sugarless gum.

My fat girl wants soda in massive quantities.

But skinny girl makes us drink water. Oh but for a complete thrill she'll let us put a lemon on the side.

My fat girl will choose a salad every now and then but has to cover every leaf in the most fattening dressing.

But skinny girl says to spritz it with some no taste, pretend it's good, colored watery stuff.

My fat girl loves, I mean with the truest part of her heart, fried things.

But skinny girl says--- tsst, tsst--- we'll order baked.

My fat girl likes to go out with the four major food groups: Italian, Mexican, Down Home Southern, and Outback.

But skinny girl likes to stay home and eat frozen lean cuisines.

Some days I love skinny girl. If I happen to be in a vegetable induced coma that is.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you all for participating in this week's writing Q& A all about writing. And thank you for the amazing response of article entries sent in for the contest. I think I will be reading all weekend--- while eating carrot sticks if skinny girl wins--- or brownies if my beloved fat girl wins.

Oh hold me accountable people! I have somewhere I have to go to in February that requires the last number to be 142. If I plan to wear clothes that is.

I'll announce on Monday who won yesterday's book give away. Along with my OTHER VERY EXCITING THING!!!!!!! I posted a little riddle in the comments section on Wednesday if you have nothing better to do than tire your brain out trying to win.

Oh and one more thing- my sweet Ashley is competing in a gymnastics meet today. Will you pray for her to be safe and to do her best. And pray that my heart doesn't give out watching my baby flip and fly and do things on a 4 inch beam that most humans won't even try on the ground.

Oh dear--- I feel the desire for a brownie coming on. Happy weekend.