home about schedule topics books story contact
Raccoons and Really Cool Prizes
Ask me why I've been up since 3:45am.


Go ahead and please ask me. It just makes me feel better to share my country living woes with you.

Meet Rocky.

See Rocky run and climb up high.

See Champ.

See Champ and Chelsea smell the wild creature they feel certain might kill me dead. In an effort to preserve my life, they kept me up barking- barking- barking- barking. Until the barking convinces me this is surely going to be a good blog post.



When I found Rocky, I was mad at Rocky. If he's not smart enough to stay away from the land of two barking dogs, he can just sit up in that tree and learn his lesson


I stay mad at Rocky while I do my morning run, while I take the kids to school and while I start getting my work done.


But then my mama heart gets the best of me and I decide I can't leave this wild creature perched up in that tree all day.

So.

I marched through the yard. I corralled Champ and Chelsea into the house while begging at the top of my lungs for the coon called Rocky to run, run, run for his life. (Think about the movie scene where Mr. Gump is told to, "Run, Forest, Run!")

I then come in the house needing some peace and quiet. But once again it alludes me as I spot a plastic bin in my dining room with leaves and grass lining the bottom. It had been there several days and finally curiosity gets the best of me.

So, I asked my babysitter, Kenzie, if she knows the story behind the box. "I'm not sure of the whole story. All I know is there was a bird in the box."

"A bird?" I ask. "A bird in my dining room?"

She says, "Yes, you know I just never quite know what I'll find when I show up to your house."

Apparently the kids found a bird and decided the only good and proper place for it to reside would be on our dining room table. Of course.

A bird in the dining room.

A coon in the tree.

And a very tired mama who has been up since 3.

Have your kids or dogs ever brought you any living treasures? Oh do share your story. I have prizes people. I will draw a winner or two from the comments left today.

You can pick either 2 tickets to this weekends Birmingham, Alabama E-women conference or a signed copy of "Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl."

Yee-haw.

Happy Tuesday.