Oh my heavenly daisies.
I am a bit distracted this morning because there are two... not one which would be bad enough... but two mice in my kitchen this morning. Y'all would think I live in some sort of trash heap or something. Which I don't.
But the mice, they find their way in. And they are getting more and more brave.
They run out and give me the stare down while I sit here trying to type on the blog. And update my facebook. Which by the way I'm on facebook now. Which doesn't mean much because I'm so clueless... every time I try to post a comment somewhere Holly's face pops up on my comments. It's the craziest thing.
Anyhow... the mice. It's like they can't believe the audacity I have to invade THEIR space.
And here's the really bad part.
I'm reading in James this morning. Lovely book. It's a book tucked between Hebrews (which so sounds like it should be in the Old Testament but is in fact found toward the end of the New Testament) and 1 Peter. And James is all about putting your faith into action which is motivating me to keep a sweet attitude today.
But here's the bad part.
James 2: 15, "Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, 'Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed, but does nothing about his physical needs what good is it?' " I am reading this while trying to put my sweet on today.
But all I want to do in this minute is KILL TWO MICE.
Y'all.
I don't really want to kill them. I just want to uninvite them from our planet on a permanent basis. And while they are technically not brothers and sisters... they are without clothes and food and are probably a little chilly outside. So then I start feeling all sorry for these creatures.
My daughter would be oh so thrilled to know of their existence and would BEG me to let her keep them. But the three hamsters we have tried to love and care for did not fair so well. One of our dogs felt it his personal mission to rescue us from the small creatures in the hot pink cage.
While a babysitter was here.
And she felt so badly about the situation, she told us she the wrapped the hamsters up and put them in our freezer so we could bury them as a family. But I forgot she said that. A friend found them in my freezer months later when she pulled out a frozen pizza with a plastic bag stuck to it.
Ahem.
And I can't really say much else about the trauma of that situation. Except that we might be the only family in America who got a note from the principal a few days after the hamster situation informing us that we were no longer qualified to host the class guinea pig for weekend visits.
I kid you not.
So, this is the house these mice chose to visit.
And my dog who felt so compelled to rescue me from creatures in a hot pink cage? He just walked right by the mice running about the kitchen, shook his head, and went back to bed.
Maybe he had been reading in James this morning too.
I am a bit distracted this morning because there are two... not one which would be bad enough... but two mice in my kitchen this morning. Y'all would think I live in some sort of trash heap or something. Which I don't.
But the mice, they find their way in. And they are getting more and more brave.
They run out and give me the stare down while I sit here trying to type on the blog. And update my facebook. Which by the way I'm on facebook now. Which doesn't mean much because I'm so clueless... every time I try to post a comment somewhere Holly's face pops up on my comments. It's the craziest thing.
Anyhow... the mice. It's like they can't believe the audacity I have to invade THEIR space.
And here's the really bad part.
I'm reading in James this morning. Lovely book. It's a book tucked between Hebrews (which so sounds like it should be in the Old Testament but is in fact found toward the end of the New Testament) and 1 Peter. And James is all about putting your faith into action which is motivating me to keep a sweet attitude today.
But here's the bad part.
James 2: 15, "Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, 'Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed, but does nothing about his physical needs what good is it?' " I am reading this while trying to put my sweet on today.
But all I want to do in this minute is KILL TWO MICE.
Y'all.
I don't really want to kill them. I just want to uninvite them from our planet on a permanent basis. And while they are technically not brothers and sisters... they are without clothes and food and are probably a little chilly outside. So then I start feeling all sorry for these creatures.
My daughter would be oh so thrilled to know of their existence and would BEG me to let her keep them. But the three hamsters we have tried to love and care for did not fair so well. One of our dogs felt it his personal mission to rescue us from the small creatures in the hot pink cage.
While a babysitter was here.
And she felt so badly about the situation, she told us she the wrapped the hamsters up and put them in our freezer so we could bury them as a family. But I forgot she said that. A friend found them in my freezer months later when she pulled out a frozen pizza with a plastic bag stuck to it.
Ahem.
And I can't really say much else about the trauma of that situation. Except that we might be the only family in America who got a note from the principal a few days after the hamster situation informing us that we were no longer qualified to host the class guinea pig for weekend visits.
I kid you not.
So, this is the house these mice chose to visit.
And my dog who felt so compelled to rescue me from creatures in a hot pink cage? He just walked right by the mice running about the kitchen, shook his head, and went back to bed.
Maybe he had been reading in James this morning too.
Home