home about schedule topics books story contact
Peace or panic? It's our choice to make.
At the risk of sounding like a bad country song, I must share some tidbits from my life at this present moment...

Yesterday my family and I decided to go see a movie together. But when we got there, a little fire situation had caused them to cancel all 5 pm movies. Bummer. Nothing like saving up your calories and priming your taste buds for a little popcorn action only to turned away.

So we headed home determined to do something else. My daughter had been wanting to show me something cool on the computer so we snuggled up and waited for this really cool website to pop up. Suddenly, a black warning box covering most of my screen flashed up. You know it's not a good sign when your computer screen informs you to send $49.95 via your credit card to the Internet Security 2010 program because you had been infected with something only they could fix.

I knew it was a scam. But I also knew whoever was behind this had no concern for me, my book that is due this Friday, or my emotions that suddenly felt raw and tangled. These computer masterminds with too much time on their hands and a brain bent toward crime were holding my computer hostage. Everything I did to try and stop the virus, just made it worse.

So, I picked up my phone to call my computer guy only to realize something had also messed with my phone. My entire contacts list had been erased.

Not to mention about this time both my dog and my other daughter suddenly got sick.

Y'all.

I wish I could tell you I handled this all with a very Proverbs 31ish response.

But I didn't.

By the end of the night I wound up needing to apologize to everyone and went to bed feeling like a cloud of yuck had wrapped itself around my head.

I have no tidy way end this post. My computer is still fried. My phone is still refusing to retrieve my contacts. My daughter needs to go to the doctor. My book I still need to work on is due this Friday.

And I still feel badly for how poorly I reacted to all this last night. Especially in light of what the people in Haiti are facing, how dare I pout and whine about this.

But God doesn't shake his finger at me and say how dare you.

He says all of this is the reality of living in a broken world.

But it's also a reality that my Jesus wants to be with me in the midst of all this. So, I make the choice to take the next step toward remaining in his peace rather than getting swept away in my emotions.

I determine the next thing I can do and do it with a mindset of peace instead of panic. Peace or panic? It's our choice to make.

And I ask my bloggy friends to pray.

"The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:5-6.

Thank you sweet friends.... just knowing you are praying with me today helps so much. I apologize I can't post last week's winner since I'm using my husband's computer. But, I will be back as soon as it's possible. Preferably sooner rather than later.