Just the title of my post today will send some screaming for the hills. I realize this. I feel your pain.
I am a bit befuddled with the stacks of papers and unorganized photos that have accumulated in a certain closet.
What I want to to happen is for some kind of scrap booking fairy to get into this space of my home, sprinkle a little glittery pixy dust, work her little sparkly fingers to the bone and produce well organized, beautiful albums complete with journaling in my handwriting.
But no matter how many times I open up that closet with great expectation, the same disorganized stacks of who knows what and why I'm saving all this stuff greets me.
And don't even get me started on the state of my photos.
Where are they?
In one camera there, another here, on a disc that I'm not sure where I saw it last, in the computer, one the Internet, in my e-mail, and on three random rolls of film. Are photo places still developing rolls of film?
Am I alone in this struggle?
What do you do with all those mementos, papers, I love you notes, hand drawn pictures, and school papers that you want to save a few from each year?
Are you a brave tosser? A dust collector? An organized paper storer?
I love scrapbooks. I mean I really heart them in deep places of my soul. But I am always years behind.
And that is the thing about years... they keep coming.
So, I'm thinking of hiring my 14 year old to take this on as her summer job. But I want your advice before helping her get started. Should we keep on with the paper, tape runners, circle cutters, decorative papers kind of scrap booking?
Or, should we transition to the "do everything on the computer" and make a bound book kind of scrap booking? And if you do the bound book thing, what do you do with your paper mementos?
And what website have you used for bound books that do everything on line?
I figure bringing up scrap booking in a room full of women is a little like talking about weight loss. Everyone has some kind of opinion. So, chat away sweet sisters. I'm all ears.
Oh yes, and the winner of the A&B designs four pack stationary set is:
Melissa from Mel's World.
Congrats!
I am a bit befuddled with the stacks of papers and unorganized photos that have accumulated in a certain closet.
What I want to to happen is for some kind of scrap booking fairy to get into this space of my home, sprinkle a little glittery pixy dust, work her little sparkly fingers to the bone and produce well organized, beautiful albums complete with journaling in my handwriting.
But no matter how many times I open up that closet with great expectation, the same disorganized stacks of who knows what and why I'm saving all this stuff greets me.
And don't even get me started on the state of my photos.
Where are they?
In one camera there, another here, on a disc that I'm not sure where I saw it last, in the computer, one the Internet, in my e-mail, and on three random rolls of film. Are photo places still developing rolls of film?
Am I alone in this struggle?
What do you do with all those mementos, papers, I love you notes, hand drawn pictures, and school papers that you want to save a few from each year?
Are you a brave tosser? A dust collector? An organized paper storer?
I love scrapbooks. I mean I really heart them in deep places of my soul. But I am always years behind.
And that is the thing about years... they keep coming.
So, I'm thinking of hiring my 14 year old to take this on as her summer job. But I want your advice before helping her get started. Should we keep on with the paper, tape runners, circle cutters, decorative papers kind of scrap booking?
Or, should we transition to the "do everything on the computer" and make a bound book kind of scrap booking? And if you do the bound book thing, what do you do with your paper mementos?
And what website have you used for bound books that do everything on line?
I figure bringing up scrap booking in a room full of women is a little like talking about weight loss. Everyone has some kind of opinion. So, chat away sweet sisters. I'm all ears.
Oh yes, and the winner of the A&B designs four pack stationary set is:
Melissa from Mel's World.
Congrats!
Home