home about schedule topics books story contact
It's time for a Girl's Night Out
All of you who guessed that the surprise today would be me announcing an addition or two for our family... bite your tongue!

Sweet Mercy.

There is however, a fun factoid about my mom that those of you who had babies on the brain may be interested in. My mom had babies in 4 different decades. Oh yes ma'am she did.

I was born in the 60's.

My sister Angee was born in the 70's.

My sisters Sarah and Haley were born in the 80's.

My sister Emily was born in the 90's.

By the time Emily graduated from high school, my mom had been doing the mama thing for close to 40 years.

That's one way to have a large family!

Another way is to birth lots and lots and lots o' babies all at the same time. Which brings me to my announcement. Maybe some of you have seen a gal named Kate on the TLC with her 8 kiddos.

Yes, I know she is totally real which totally gets on some people's nerves.

That's why I like her.

Not the nerves part- the real part.

If I had cameras following me around 24/7 with lots and lots of little people all pulling at me, it might get ugly sometimes. No, I take that back. It would get ugly sometimes.

I admire Kate for not editing out the everyday stuff that makes motherhood one of the toughest jobs ever.

So, we heard through the grapevine that Kate reads the P31 devotions. And at the same time, we were looking for a special guest to join us for a Girl's Night Out with KSBJ in Houston, Texas. We were especially interested in a guest that might draw in people who might not ever be interested in a "church" event.

Well, after months of trying to get all the details straight... it's official.

Kate will be joining Renee and I for a night of fun, truth, laughter, and life change. We'll also be having some pretty cool musical guests that night as well. Thank you Aiesha Woods and Jason Catron. We all know music is key to a girl's night out. If it weren't for you, I would have to try and throw around a tune or two which would totally stress me out and make the audience sweat.

And really, there's nothing worse than a sweaty audience.

So, if you live in, around, or near Houston...

OR you simply have a passion to hop on a bus, train or plane- we'd love for you to join us!

Click here to get to the KSBJ website and get all the info you need.

And if you have no interest in this Houston event, please check out my upcoming '09 schedule by clicking here. Holly and I would be delighted to meet you in person!

Simply delighted I tell you!

I always feel like I'm meeting some super star when someone introduces themselves to me and reveals that they are in fact the writer of a blog I enjoy.

What fun!

And while I'm in announcement mode. I am thinking of doing the One Cool Christmas Contest with a Mr. Linky this year. All those interested would think of a cool item to give away on your blog and link to my blog so people could find you.

I would leave the Mr. Linky up for a week; all who wanted to participate would have plenty of time. (Hello... a semi-colon. It's going to be a good day.)

Are you in?

If enough of you comment and say you are interested, I'll post more details tomorrow.

And if any of you have one of those airline buddy passes that you'd like to give away for someone to win a trip to Houston, contact me... oh yes ma'am... contact me.

Happy Tuesday.